A-Z Reading Booklets
Families are asked to read with their kindergartners for 10 minutes every day. If your kindergartner is ready to begin reading independently, they are welcome to participate in our "A-Z" reading program. We have leveled booklets (mini storybooks) that students can take home and read each night. When they return a book, we will switch it out for a new title.
If you would like us to begin sending A-Z reading booklets home with your student, please let us know.
* Scroll down to view sample text from each reading level offered in kindergarten.
Sample Text From Levels A-M
- "The dogs go in."
- "I save a penny."
- "I can run."
- "The lion is near."
- "A dog is in a house."
- "It is time for breakfast."
- "When Jack ate, Lily ate."
- "A frog lays eggs in water."
- "Did you look for your shoe?"
- "Lily the cat woke up from her nap."
- "Little Loon went swimming with Papa."
- "When she wants to climb, she visits an oak tree."
- "It is time for Snag's birthday party."
- "What makes the farmer's market great?"
- "Some people live in the country."
- "Molly likes to climb high mountains."
- "'This whale book looks good,' she says."
- "Their senses help them find food at night."
- "He plays catch with his little sister, Selena."
- "A friendly woman named Jamie asks me to wait."
- "He knew the music room wasn't on the first floor."
- "He grabbed the controls of the spaceship."
- "Back in the burrow, his family gathered around him."
- "In about a week, you'll see a seedling poke out of the soil!"
- "The owners of the house returned."
- "The sky grows dark over Nebraska."
- "What will you see the next time you close your eyes and picture a fish?"
- "Ostriches use teamwork to stay safe."
- "Years ago, a French scientist studied rainbows."
- "At Dr. Chen's office, Poppy worried about her dress."
- "Millions of people are allergic to peanuts or other foods."
- "Today was his birthday: February 29, otherwise known as leap day."
- "She did a triple backward flip!"
- "They hang by their toes from a branch or from the ceiling of a cave."
- "Magda is 1.23 meters tall (or 123 centimeters tall)."
- "I have four oceans and seven huge pieces of land called continents."
- "Find a juicer, a pan, a pitcher, liquid and dry measuring cups, a cutting board, a medium-size bowl, and a long-handled spoon."
- "Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman!"
- "Two common types of glaciers are continental glaciers and valley glaciers."